User Tag List

Legendary Member Big Daddy Tees's Avatar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Why Are Some Fans Still Sore Over Triple H Being Awarded The World Heavyweight Title?

Back in 2002, Triple H was number one contender to Brock Lesnar’s WWE Undisputed Championship, but Lesnar became exclusive to Smackdown leaving Raw without a World Champion, Triple H being number 1 contender was awarded the revived World Heavyweight Championship by then Raw General Manager Eric Bischoff. Till this day some people are still angry about this even though rules dictate that the number 1 contender is sort of like a runner up in a contest if the winner is unable or unwilling to fulfill their duties, than their crown passes to the runner up (in most cases.) Lesnar refused to face Triple H (in storyline) at the time and jumped ship to Smackdown. I believe he (Lesnar) was a face at that point and if that’s the case ducking a particular challenger and taking your ball and going somewhere else would have been a largely uncharacteristic move for a face in any time period. Some fans are still irate over Triple H just being “handed” the title even though if he would have won it in a match (as it was going to him anyway most likely) the match would have more or less been a formality with Triple H ultimately going over an opponent or perhaps several opponents and becoming World Heavyweight Champion anyway in spite of the obvious rule allowing him to just be given the title due to his number one contender status.

I have quietly “retired” from e-wrestling, but never say never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm, having two champions like that in one fed devalued the titles in my opinion.

The wwe was trying to recreate the illusion of two feds like when wcw was about, but with there shows rather then two feds.

I wouldnt say i was irrate with him being handed the belt, they are props and all title wins are awarded. But by handing someone the belt it devalues it, still wcw shat on the big gold belt before it was handed to triple h.
    EIWF network www.eiwf.co.uk